After many years as an underperformer, Queensland could be on it’s way to becoming a property market powerhouse according to Your Investment Property Magazine and their experts.
Will the QLD property market continue to rise in value in 2015?
What’s driving the QLD real estate market?
- QLD is generating increasingly positive commentary from Australia’s leading real estate experts.
- Queensland’s real estate market is extremely diverse.
- Former hotspots like Gladstone and Mackay will begin to struggle now the mining boom is over, while other markets like Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast and Cairns are in recovery mode.
- Ongoing interest rates and affordability (when compared to Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Darwin and Canberra) will mean demand will continue to rise in Brisbane.
- The Gold Coast, Cairns and Sunshine Coast markets should benefit from significant infrastructure and development projects.
What’s ahead for the QLD real estate market in 2015?
- Price growth in Brisbane is expected to be moderate in 2015 (between 3 – 7%).
- There is decent entry level and long term potential in Southeast Queensland.
- According to Your Investment Property Magazine South East Queensland is the pick of Australia in 2015, although investors still need to do the right research and buy well.
15 QLD suburbs set for growth in 2015 for under $400,000:
|Property type||Median price||Vacancy rate||Rental yield|
Like what you’ve read so far? Join over 9500 investors and Subscribe to our FREE MONTHLY NEWSLETTER here.
5 additional QLD suburbs set for growth in 2015 for under $450,000:
- Pacific Paradise
- Arana Hills
Leading infrastructure projects in the works for QLD:
- $1.9 billion Sunshine Coast University Hospital.
- Origins $24.7 billion Australia Pacific LNG project off the coast of Gladstone.
- $1.4 billion Gateway North project in Brisbane.
- $19.6 billion Curtin LNG project.
- $16.2 billion Santos coal steam facility at Gladstone.
- Construction of a $250 million industry and business park at Westgae, Wacol.
- The Gold Coast in hosting the Commonwealth games in 2018.
Important population statistics for QLD:
- Forecast population for 2015/16: 4,883,000.
- Forecast population growth for 2015/16: 1.7%.
- Population growth hotspot: Ipswich, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and Fitzroy.
QLD’s 7 most under supplied real estate markets in 2014:
- Park Ridge (units)
- Mackay Caneland (units)
- Orkabie (houses)
- Shailer Park (units)
- Great Keppel Island (units)
- Mackay Caneland (houses)
- Merinda (houses)
Warning: Pumped On Property are not investment advisers. This article is intended to provide general information of an educational nature only. It does not have regard to the financial situation or needs of any reader and must not be relied upon as financial product advice. All readers should seek independent and qualified investment advice before purchasing a property.