Its over for Sydney and Melbourne…at least in this cycle.
You missed the boat.
Let it go.
Right now, you’re either celebrating your success or licking your wounds and thinking about what might have been.
Since 2010 the average suburb in Sydney and Melbourne has grown by 60 to 100%, depending on who’s data your looking at.
Over the same time most suburbs in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast have either gone backwards or sat flat – once you take out inflation.
If you know your history and understand cycles, you will know better than to look at monthly, annual or 10 year data in isolation.
If you look back over the last 20 to 50 years the story is very different. Brisbane has performed at least as well, or better than both Sydney and Melbourne year on year.
According to the ABS:
- More Australians are moving to South East QLD than any other place in Australia right now
- The average household income in Brisbane is now higher than the average household income in Melbourne
- More jobs were created in QLD last year than in NSW or VIC
16 Projects That You Need To Know About In SEQ Right Now
1. Brisbane Metro
2. Brisbane Cross River Rail
3. Brisbane Airport Redevelopment
4. Brisbane Live
5. University of the Sunshine Coast Project
6. Sunshine Coast Light Rail Project
7. Sunshine Coast Airport Redevelopment
8. Maroochydore CBD
9. Birtinya Hospital Project
10. Sunshine Plaza Upgrade in Maroochydore
11. Bruce Highway Expansion and Upgrade
12. Palmview, Beerwah and Aura developments
13. Gold Coast Light Rail Project
14. Gold Coasts Cruise Ship Terminal
15. M1 Highway Expansion and Upgrade
16. 7 new High Density Developments worth over $8 billion
Stop stressing and focusing on what you can’t control.
Your timing into Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast is key!
Ben, Simon and Kristal Everingham