I’m now entering my 12th year as a property investor and I can see there are only really two types of property markets.
1. A booming market where everyone expects to make short-term money. 2. A bust market where everyone expects house prices to go to zero. To win in 2022 you need to understand: 1. Your longer-term strategy.
2. Where we are in the current real estate cycle.
3. That property is a long-term game. As soon as I realised that financial freedom takes 15+ years I stopped worrying about short-term gains and started to focus on value.
4. That there is no one Australian property market. There is Sydney and Melbourne and then there are hundreds of other markets that all run off similar, but also completely different property market fundamentals.
5. The media’s job is to excite or scare the shit out of us.
Unfortunately by the time they start reporting that things are looking good again they are historically 9 to 12 months too late, and the good buying has already been done.
Follow Us Online Here:
DISCLAIMER No Legal, Financial & Taxation Advice
The Listener, Reader or Viewer acknowledges and agrees that:
• Any information provided by us is provided as general information and for general information purposes only; • We have not taken the Listener, Reader or Viewers personal and financial circumstances into account when providing information; • We must not and have not provided legal, financial or taxation advice to the Listener, Reader or Viewer; • The information provided must be verified by the Listener, Reader or Viewer prior to the Listener, Reader or Viewer acting or relying on the information by an independent professional advisor including a legal, financial, taxation advisor and the Listener, Reader or Viewers accountant; • We do not hold an Australian Financial Services Licence as defined by section 9 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and we are not authorised to provide financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer, and we have not provided financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer.