One of the readers in the Pumped On Property community recently sent me a link to Helen Collier-Kogtevs’s ebook titled How to Retire Financially Free On $100K+ With 10 Properties In 10 Years.
After taking a good look I believe Helen’s ebook has a huge amount of value for first time and established investors alike.
In todays article I review Helens ebook and share what I believe are the key take aways.
- How to Retire Financially Free On $100K+ With 10 Properties In 10 Years provides investors with a simple strategy for property and wealth accumulation.
- The model behind How to Retire Financially Free On $100K+ With 10 Properties In 10 Years is simple – for every negatively geared property you own, buy a positively geared property to balance your portfolio.
- The income that is generated from positive cashflow properties can be used to cancel out the added expenses that you need to pay for with your negatively geared properties.
- Over a 10 year period the combination of positively and negatively geared properties will provide cash flow, while making you rich through capital gains.
- Property investing is all about finance. You need to be able to borrow money to move forward and to borrow money you need to be attractive financially to the banks. When your property portfolio is making a positive return the banks are much more likely to keep lending you money because they know if your income situation changes you will still be able to meet your mortgage repayments.
- Helens strategy is very simple. buy one property every year for 10 years. 5 of these properties will be high growth negatively geared properties and 5 of these properties will be positively geared.
- Helen believes by year 10 you should be able to sell a few of your properties and repay some of the debt on your property portfolio, leaving you in a strong financial and cash flow position.
- Helen built her property portfolio before the GFC, when the banks gave away money more readily. Today the financial environment has changed and investors need to make sure they buy extremely well to buy 10 properties in 10 years.
- Helen pushes herself and her business in the ebook a little too hard for my liking.
After reading How to Retire Financially Free On $100K+ With 10 Properties In 10 Years for a second time I really enjoyed the simplicity of Helens strategy.
Its a great read and well worth 15 – 20 minutes of your time.