In 2016, my wife and I made an emotional decision to build a brand new home for our family on the Sunshine Coast in QLD.
We thought we were going to live in the home long term, but after a year we decided it wasn’t for us.
It’s a good home but we made a few property investment mistakes:
– Buying with our hearts rather than our heads.
– Over capitalising on the build.
– Buying a piece of land less than 600m2.
– Buying in a regional market and in a brand new estate.
– Building across the road from a high rise.
Recently, we decided to sell the property, but after a couple of months, we realized the market has changed and prices have declined by over $150,000 in the street.
In this video, I share the lessons I have again learnt the hard way.
Follow Us Online Here:
Subscribe To Our Podcast, The Pumped On Property Show, Here:
DISCLAIMER No Legal, Financial & Taxation Advice
The Listener, Reader or Viewer acknowledges and agrees that:
• Any information provided by us is provided as general information and for general information purposes only; • We have not taken the Listener, Reader or Viewers personal and financial circumstances into account when providing information; • We must not and have not provided legal, financial or taxation advice to the Listener, Reader or Viewer; • The information provided must be verified by the Listener, Reader or Viewer prior to the Listener, Reader or Viewer acting or relying on the information by an independent professional advisor including a legal, financial, taxation advisor and the Listener, Reader or Viewers accountant; • We do not hold an Australian Financial Services Licence as defined by section 9 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and we are not authorised to provide financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer, and we have not provided financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer.