North Brisbane Property Outlook – The best of both worlds
25km North of Brisbane (and 70km South of the Sunshine Coast) is the Morton Bay Region.
The Moreton Bay Region is one of the fastest growing urban areas in Australia and is anticipated to grow by a further 40 per cent over the next 20 years.
It is also one of South-East Queensland’s most diverse areas, spanning more than 2037 square kilometres from Samford and Arana Hills to Redcliffe, Bribie Island, Caboolture, Dayboro, Woodford and Mt Mee.
In recent years The Moreton Bay Region has experienced a new wave of investment, bringing with it new opportunities and new companies including Westfield, Ikea and Costco.
Access to universities, hospitals, top quality schools, and public transport has driven owner occupiers and investors back into the market in 2013 and 2014.
- Current population (Morton Bay Region): 389,000+
- Predicted population (Morton Bay Region): 515,000+ over the next 20 years
- Median household income ($/weekly): $1258
- Average household size:7
- Proportion of renters:7%
- Proportion of owners: 66%
Suburbs to keep an eye on:
- North Lakes
- Kippa Ring
- Potential rental yield: 6%+
- Land: From $220,000
- Build (4 bedroom home): From $240,000
- Build (dual occupancy): From $260,000
- Current rental return (1 bedroom): $220 – $250 per week
- Current rental return (3 bedroom): $310 – $330 per week
Where can I find more information on North Brisbane?
Still want to know more about the North Brisbane real estate market…then Book one of our FREE Strategy Sessions now.
Warning: Pumped On Property are not investment advisers. This report is intended to provide general information of an educational nature only. It does not have regard to the financial situation or needs of any reader and must not be relied upon as financial product advice. All readers should seek independent and qualified investment advice before purchasing a property. All readers should also undertake their own research and due diligence.