If you’re a landlord right now, there are a few things you can do to make sure you come out the other side of this crazy time:
1. Double-check your insurance – make sure you are covered for building, contents and landlord.
2. Build up a savings buffer (if you don’t already have one).
3. Talk to your property manager and create a plan if your tenant/s goes into arrears.
4. The government may allow you to freeze your loan if you have lost your job and you aren’t receiving any rent.
5. If your tenant/s have lost their job – make sure they know what concessions they can receive from the government.
Follow Us Online Here:
DISCLAIMER No Legal, Financial & Taxation Advice
The Listener, Reader or Viewer acknowledges and agrees that:
• Any information provided by us is provided as general information and for general information purposes only; • We have not taken the Listener, Reader or Viewers personal and financial circumstances into account when providing information; • We must not and have not provided legal, financial or taxation advice to the Listener, Reader or Viewer; • The information provided must be verified by the Listener, Reader or Viewer prior to the Listener, Reader or Viewer acting or relying on the information by an independent professional advisor including a legal, financial, taxation advisor and the Listener, Reader or Viewers accountant; • We do not hold an Australian Financial Services Licence as defined by section 9 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and we are not authorised to provide financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer, and we have not provided financial services to the Listener, Reader or Viewer.